“many scientific facts simply aren’t solid and immutable, but are instead destined to be vigorously challenged and revised by successive generations. Discovery is not the neat and linear process many students imagine, but usually involves, in Dr. Firestein’s phrasing, “feeling around in dark rooms, bumping into unidentifiable things, looking for barely perceptible phantoms.” ”
You’re invited to the 2015 Annual Reunion of IIT Bombay Alumni Association’s Greater New York Chapter!
Date & Time: Sunday, October 4, 2015. 11AM to 2:30PM
It’s a Luncheon event. Meet and Network with Friends, Classmates and Distinguished IITB Alumni!
Join and invite your friends to the Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/138832009794712/
- Fireside Chat with Distinguished Alumni on The Current Economic Conditions in India under Modi’s Government
- Arvind Sanger (IITB Alumnus, Class of 1984) Founder, Geosphere Capital Hedge Fund
- Viral Acharya (IITB Alumnus, Class of 1995) Professor of Economics, NYU Stern School of Business
- Moderated by Gagan Singh, EVP and Chief Investment Officer, PNC Bank (IITB Alumnus, Class of 1995)
- What it means to Give Backby Victor Menezes, Retired Vice-Chairman, Citigroup (IITB Alumnus, Class of 1970)
- State of IIT Bombay Address by the IIT Bombay Administration team
Online Registration Required at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2015-iitbaa-gny-annual-reunion-tickets-18237453715
Registration: $45 (includes Lunch)
Hyatt Regency Jersey City on the Hudson
2 Exchange Pl
Jersey City, NJ 07302
The venue is easily accessible by the PATH trains from NYC. Ample Parking is also available at the venue.
We will be distributing our annual GNY-Point magazine to all attendees at the event. Ideas and suggestions for the magazine are most welcome. For information on how to contribute, please visit https://www.iitbgnychapter.org/2015/09/inviting-articles-and-other-contributions-for-our-annual-magazine/
IITBAA-GNY’s Youth Achievement Awards will also be distributed at the event. For more information on the award and how to apply, please visit https://www.iitbgnychapter.org/2015/08/iitbaa-gny-seeks-applications-for-alumni-youth-award-program/
Looking forward to your active participation!
Deadline: 19th September 2015
Please send your contribution by email to nivvedan [at] iitbombay [dot] org before the deadline.
We look forward to reading them!